A perfect smile is key to create a good impression as well as high self-confidence. But a perfect smile is incomplete without a perfect set of white teeth. A white, flawless set of teeth can give you a great boost in your popularity index among peers.
Today’s hectic lifestyle is the main reason for yellow tooth or tooth stains. The high consumption of tea, coffee, tobacco, cola and smoking causes yellow or stained teeth. Poor oral health or aging also makes teeth less teeth less bright over a period of time.
So how can one get rid of tooth discoloration and get a bright smile?
Your quest for a sparkling smile can be easily completed with the help of a professional teeth whitening dentist. Teeth whitening is a cosmetic dental treatment done by dentists to whiten your teeth.
A teeth whitening is a fast and effective procedure to whiten your teeth without causing any harm to the gums or teeth. Teeth whitening is also very cost effective when compared to other dental procedures.
How Teeth Whitening Is Done?
Teeth Whitening is done by dentists by applying tooth whitening gel containing hydrogen peroxide in variable percentage. Depending upon the condition of the teeth, the procedure is done to improve the teeth color in single session or multiple sessions.
What are Pros and Cons of Teeth Whitening?
- Fast Results- In most of the teeth whitening treatments, a single session of 1 or 2 hours gives excellent results.
- Low cost- Teeth whitening is a cost effective dental procedure where you get good results without leaving a big hole in your pocket.
- Professional teeth whitening can make your teeth 7-8 shades brighter. You can check your teeth with a help of shade card to compare the results.
- Safe Procedure- Teeth whitening is a safe procedure and requires no surgical process.
- Harm to gums- The bleach (hydrogen peroxide) is considered unhealthy for the gums. So it is important that your gums are protected well with a gel or rubber gum protection.
- If you have tobacco or smoking stains, it might require more than one sitting for your teeth whitening which can increase your cost.
- You might experience short term tooth sensitivity after a teeth whitening session because of the bleach effect.
How to keep your teeth shiny and white?
- Brush your teeth every day with a fluoride toothpaste
- Clean between your teeth every day with floss or another type of between-the-teeth cleaner
- Don’t smoke or chew tobacco
- Do not eat too much sugar or sugar related products.
- Visit your dentist once a month regularly